Tony has over 30 years of experience representing government contractors and commercial businesses. His practice encompasses all aspects of federal government contracting. As Chair of PilieroMazza’s Government Contracts Group, he works closely with the firm’s Business & Corporate Group on corporate transactions and the Labor & Employment Group in the highly regulated market of government contracting.
Tony counsels clients on a wide range of complex legal and regulatory matters, including (i) protests and claims against the federal government; (ii) commercial and contractual disputes; (iii) investigations and compliance audits; (iv) suspension and debarment proceedings; and (v) entity formation, including joint ventures, operating agreements, and shareholder agreements.
Tony primarily represents government contractors interested in pursuing set-aside opportunities under SBA’s small business programs – the 8(a), HUBZone, SDVOSB, WOSB, and All Small Mentor-Protégé programs. Tony advises firms on teaming, joint ventures, and positioning themselves to defend awards from size, status, and bid protests. His practice extends to assisting firms with compliance with the FAR and rules applicable to all small business contracting programs. Tony’s practice also encompasses the representation of Tribes, Alaska Native Corporations, and their government contracting subsidiaries.
Tony is fluent in Spanish.
Related Practice Areas
- Represents firms of all sizes looking to structure business and teaming arrangements, joint ventures, mentor protégé agreements and other contractual relations to compete on small business and related set-asides
- Represents contractors in bid protests before the Court of Federal Claims, GAO and procuring agencies and size protests before the SBA
- Represents clients in suspension and debarment proceedings and the development of compliance programs
- Handles internal investigations and voluntary and mandatory disclosures
- Assists in-house and outside counsel who need help representing their clients in navigating the complex, highly regulated government contracting market
- Assists in the negotiation and preparation of shareholders agreements, operating agreements and partnership arrangements to qualify under different set-aside programs
- Assists contractors with equitable adjustment claims, disputes, and appeals
- Works closely with the firm’s Corporate Practice Group to structure transactions to facilitate the acquisition of government contractors from the due diligence stage through the contract novation process
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1986
- Tulane University, B.A., 1983, cum laude
- University of Madrid, Junior Year Abroad Honors Program, 1982
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating
District of Columbia Super Lawyer®, Government Contracts, 2018-Present