Jon is primarily focused on the Government Contracts arena, including matters involving bid protests, government-related claims and appeals, and False Claims Act matters. Prior to joining PilieroMazza, he served as Assistant General Counsel representing the U.S. General Services Administration’s (GSA) Federal Acquisition Service (FAS). Jon now leverages that in-agency experience and government decision-making knowledge on behalf of PilieroMazza’s government contractor and commercial business clients.
An active member of the Firm’s Cybersecurity & Data Privacy, clients benefit from Jon’s extensive experience in matters related to GSA’s Information Technology Category, Telecom Services Office, and Office of Global Supply, including efforts to integrate information and communications technology into the federal acquisition supply chain, cybersecurity risk planning, cloud services, mobile broadband, data rights, and issues arising under the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 (FISMA). Prior to GSA, he served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Maryland, where he worked extensively with statewide IT and telecom system procurements
Notable illustrations of Jon’s experience include:
- advising government clients regarding the Federal Acquisition Regulation and procurement practices, bid protests and claims, FCA cases, investigations, audits, teaming arrangements, and cybersecurity threats;
- representing GSA before the Government Accountability Office on protests filed against procurements, and providing litigation support to Department of Justice attorneys representing the government in federal courts such as the U.S. Court of Federal Claims;
- providing legal advice to the FAS telecom program in matters including cloud services contracts, provision of mobile broadband, data rights, and legislation regarding acquisitions of foreign telecom and IT equipment and services;
- advising on cybersecurity and security standards, procurement integrity, conflicts of interest, and disclosure and reporting requirements;
- providing legal guidance and advice regarding drafting solicitations and requirements pertinent to requests for proposals; and
- representing government clients in bid protests, contract claims, and employment law matters, as well as any related appellate litigation.