A company’s business operations, management structure, and organizational structure can present corporate law and governance challenges. To alleviate these challenges, PilieroMazza’s Business & Corporate Group helps our clients structure their governing bodies, manage their board procedures, understand best practices of organizational governance, and protect their assets in a way that gives clients the maximum amount of liability protection and organizational flexibility while enabling them to effectively grow their businesses.
Our corporate attorneys are experienced at reviewing, drafting, and implementing all manner of internal governing documents, including operating agreements, bylaws, shareholder agreements, voting agreements, minute books, resolutions, stock records, and other documents that define an organization’s internal governance and decision-making structure.
Specific services PilieroMazza provides in the area of Corporate and Organizational Governance include:
- auditing a company’s legal and business activities to identify gaps and assist in implementing best corporate practices, policies, and procedures;
- overseeing the legal aspects of the company’s internal and external processes;
- advising on fiduciary duties, interested party transactions, and other governance issues under state corporate and limited liability company law frameworks;
- providing training and advice on standards of conduct, best practices, and rules of conduct for board meetings; and
- maintaining compliance with all necessary federal and state legal requirements.